[pct-l] Glacier Peak Area -- Section K in Washington State

PCTA is not the sponsor of the annual thru-hike.
Yes, the PCTA can issue you a permit.  It is NOT the PCTA's permit.  It is the USDA Forest Service permit.  The USDA forest service has allowed the PCTA to issue the permits.  I still have my permit from last year and it is clearly marked in the upper left section as a USDA forest service permit.

While the PCTA plays an active role in maintaining the trail,  it is not a government agency and has no jurisdiction over federal lands.  To indicate that the PCTA sponsors or is legally responsible for the trail on forest service land, denigrates the sacrifice of many groups(including the PCTA) that selflessly volunteer to perform trail maintenance.

Bryan W