[pct-l] (off topic) Camping and hiking in Alaska

A couple friends are spending a week or so in Alaska this summer, sometime
near mid-July. They plan to fly into Anchorage, and take a train up to
Denali. The only time I was in Alaska, it was April, and everything was
covered in snow, so I thought I would ask here for suggestions for them.

The mostly are interested in easy to moderate dayhikes, though would likely
do some longer/tougher ones for good views. Any suggestions for places in
and around that area, or along the route from Anchorage to the park? Are
mosquitos horrible at that time of year, like I think they are? What are the
"don't miss" things I should tell them to not miss?

Since this is off-topic, please respond to me privately :)

Gray