[pct-l] Confessions of an alcohol burner

Goforth, I hope you didn't catch too much flack for pointing out that any
stoves can be dangerous when people don't pay attention to business.  Thanks for
the heads-up!

Any fuel that is contained under pressure can be explosive.  On that basis,
gas and canister stoves would be more hazardous than alcohol stoves.  Some of
these have a warning against being used with a windscreen.

A Trangia-type alcohol stove (soda can, photon, etc.) may not be quite as
safe as a flow-through stove like the CatStove.  Any of these, though, are great
scout projects and a lot safer than a gas stove in the hands of kids.

The solid-fuel stoves like the Esbit are probably the safest of all, unless
you choose to eat cold.
_____