[pct-l] Confessions of an alcohol burner

I believe distilled alcohol burns invisible, does it not?
I've never used an alcohol stove before. Nor have I seen one used.

I use a multi-fuel Optimus Nova.
Yes, it's heavier.
But I can cook just about anything (I'm still experimenting with recipes), boil water quickly to simmering soup, to frying eggs.

My difficulty with it is that the wind can blow out the flame if it's windy enough...
The folks at Optimus say that a windscreen isn't necessary, in fact they warn against using one.
But after my last trip (heavy wind and rain) I made a windscreen from heavy foil that wraps completely around both the stove and my pot. I expect better performance out of it next time out.

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m