[pct-l] Confessions of an alcohol burner

I spent this summer expeimenting with cane sugar alcohol gel fuel which is
similar to HEET and performs the same in my tin can cat food stove.
One of the things I like about it is that since it's a gel it doesn't spread
fast and far when you accidentally spill it. I also found I could mix it
with HEET at about 3:1 cane to HEET and thin it without losing the gel
property.
It's more expensive but I kept pouring alconol out the sides of the inner
cat food can and this slows everything down giving me more control.

I carry my fuel in a platy with a big stripe of red tape clear around the
platy so I don't mix it up with drinking stuff.

Carolyn Eddy
Goattracks Magazine
www.goattracksmagazine.com