[pct-l] AsABat-water report

Bill, my respone to your e-mail got bounced back twice...
So I'll send it through the list.

Nope, the faucet is the one that's just north of Burnt Ranchiera. It's right on the trail...
I think it's the Mt Laguna campground, though I didn't see any campsites. Just a clearing and a drinking fountain...
We started at Burnt Ranchiera. It was, oh maybe 15-30 minutes or so from our start. We parked my truck at a closed-down restaurant on the S1, walked south a few steps to the Burnt Ranchiera gate, then through the campground to the "desert view" trailhead, which is the PCT.
It definitely wasn't at Burnt Ranchiera.
There was a plaque on the fountain about who built the fountain and such...
Ring any bells?

AsABat wrote:
Thanks for the report, Mike. I assume by the drinking fountain being turned off at Mt. Laguna you are referring to Burnt Rancheria campground. The Mt.  Laguna campground is open all year, so they should have water, although it's a short distance off trail across the highway.
Bill Jeffrey (AsABat)

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m