[pct-l] Foot size increase on PCT

Used to be a 7 and now I am a nine.  about half of that happened before I
started my thruhike.  And subtract half a size because I am wearing my
shoes bigger now.

Perhaps most people gain about 2 shoe sizes as they age and as they use
their feet more.  I have heard somebody say that it is due to a relaxation
of various sheaths and tendons across the bottom of the foot.  My  twin
sister has very large feet and also very flat, and she has had no change in
shoe size - and does very little exercise and no hiking.  May depend on how
flat your feet are to begain with: If you arches are going to "fall", they
have to be up there somewhere.  But I definitely feel that the thruhike
contributed an extra shoe size, but there doesn't seem to be more growth
for me with the last 2,000 miles.

Goforth