[pct-l] Foot size increase on PCT

I hiked all of the AT wearing lightweight boots -- Vasque, Garmont
and Lowa brands, a mixture of fabric and leather.  I didn't wear out
any of the pairs; I was switching boots a lot to try to find
something that would work better with my feet. I hiked all of the PCT
in trail runners, New Balance (4 pairs and my last pair is still
good).  My feet haven't gotten any noticeably larger after either
hike.

Also, I tried the theory of wearing shoes a half-size to a full size
larger than my feet to help w/ feet swelling and/or blisters. That
didn't particularly work for me, either.  My feet had a hard time
getting used to whatever shoes I wore. With each new pair, I had pain
and blisters until they were broken in.

As with everything else, everybody's feet are different -- and what
your feet want may change.  I started out wearing only Fox River
liner socks but around Etna, I started to lose the padding on the
bottom of my feet. Switching to thicker, padded Smartwool socks
solved the problem.

French Fry