[pct-l] no-cook hiking and going solo

We did a 25 day hike with no stove.  We had dried fruit for breakfast,
jerky, nuts, chocolate for lunch, granola and milk for evening snack,
and rehydrated cold bean soup for dinner.  Gatorade to drink.  We went
without a stove to save pack weight, because we had a 7 lb tent, 5 lb
packs, 2 lb sleeping bags, and food for 13 days at a time (One resupply
in mid-hike)  So we left home the whisperlite stove and pots and fuel.
Nowadays, with superlight gear and alcohol stoves available, I can't
think of a reason not to carry at least a cat stove.
Someone wanted to hear a woman's attitude about hiking solo.  I could
never do it because I am just too chicken.  Or shall we say risk
averse.  We even carry little walkie talkies and turn them on whenever
we have to separate (while he is looking off-trail for a secluded
campsite, for example).
I notice that nearly everyone that dies in the wilderness was hiking
solo.  But someone already made that point.  Anyway, I lack the
emotional strength to hike solo, and I may as well admit it.
Marion