[pct-l] New Mexico in March/April

Hi all...

Since I'm still unemployed, it's time for another adventure...

I've got a voucher for America West arilines that I have to use by the third
week in April.  I've never been to New Mexico and I suspect that might be a
good time of year to visit.  I'm thinking of taking one to two weeks either
in mid-March or early April.  Thoughts on timing?

Any other thoughts on things to see, places to go, and especially,
relatively short hikes I might be able to take while I'm there?  For hiking,
I'm probably mostly interested in anything from short day hikes to backpacks
up to three days long.

I know of Canyon de Chelly and will definitely plan to visit while there.  I
know I have to hire a guide.  Any specific suggestions for how long to plan
or what to do while there?

Is there anyone who would like to get together while I'm out there?  I had a
great time visiting people on my road trip this past summer.  :-)  Anybody
want to go for a hike?

Mara

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor

Let the advanced features & services of MSN Internet Software maximize your
online time. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200363ave/direct/01/