[pct-l] All about food

I want to say thanks to everyone who responded to the question about the
ice axe and alcohol stove.  Hoosier Owl is my 24 year old son who hiked
AT last year and plans to hike PCT this year.  He currently has no
computer access at home, so I am assisting him in getting trail info.
(He does have guide books).

He has another question regarding food.  He is currently of the mindset
to hike the trail without sending himself food packages.  Also
considering leaving the stove behind.  Have any of you done this, and
can you discuss pros and cons?

Hearing of all your adventures makes me want to quit my job and hit the
trail.  Also, loved the comments on solo hiking.

Linda (for Hoosier Owl)