[pct-l] So Cal guidebook page 73

I work as a San Diego county park ranger at Lake Morena and am planning a section hike from Mex border to Kamp-Anza just across county border into Riverside.  Anyhow, I think the blurb of text between Map A4 and the "Views" gray box is WRONG!  I've trail run this section several times without giving much thought to it, and the trail does certainly follow what is shown in map A4, so I believe that blurb about "a relic of the past" is incorrect.  The main text description on pp. 73-75 is correct in my opinion with the one exception that there is no "gate in a barbed-wire fence at the corner of Lake Morena Road and Lakeshore Drive".  The trail does drop down into a trailhead parking area just across the entrance road (Lake Morena Drive, NOT Road) from the campground; it's just there is no gate or fence - maybe there was at one time?, but not in the year that I've been working at the lake.  Hope that helps....
Daniel Gant