[pct-l] (no subject)

Alcohol stoves were fairly dominant last summer, although I found a
surprising number of cannister stove users.  Perhaps two people used Esbit
tablets and I saw one or two Whisperlite-esque stoves as well.  I'd
probably estimate maybe 70% of the thruhikers were using alcohol stoves,
but this is really just a guess.

You might want your ice axe in the San Jacinto range if there are a
bunch of late season storms, but even then it might not be necessary.
Keep an eye on this list or the weather service for weather updates
on snow conditions there.

Suge

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Linda Cooper wrote:

> How many people on the PCT are using alcohol stoves?
>
> I plan on starting the south end of the trail around April 26.  Will I
> need my ice axe for the beginning of the trail?
>
> Any responses will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hoosier Owl.

Christopher Willett