[pct-l] sandels,,,,OH NO,,,,!

In a message dated 2/6/04 10:22:16 AM, msaenz@mve-architects.com writes:

<<  The gal at REI (a very young thing who I would have never believed that
she knew so much about boots) asked me questions, almost prying information out
of me, about what kind of hiking I usually did. Though the trails I now hike
are almost always well marked/trodden paths, my machismo convinced me that I
would be returning to my college age orienteering/off trail adventures.
Besides, I boasted (trying to impress the girl), I was on my way to Colorado to bag
some 14'ers! I needed some serious stompers!

After admitting that just about all my trips for the past year (or two...or
three...) have been to our local mountains (I'm the guy who takes his pack onto
the Tram from Palm Springs), the gal indulged me by fitting a few heavy
weights, then deviously suggested I try on some mid-weights.

Wow. Besides the fact that the mid-height boots eliminated the annoying rub
at the top front of my ankles, the construction of the boot made it feel like
it was as broken in as my beat up (but beloved) old pair! And waterproof???!!!

I bought the Montrail Torre GTX. I love `em! Light, comfortable, sticks to
granite slabs like goat hooves. And they are DAMN cool lookin'!

While fitting them, I was repeatedly asked to wiggle around on the incline
board. She laced them up and told me to get back on the incline while she made a
couple adjustments in the lacing pattern. This kid knew her stuff!

And I can honestly say that I have NEVER gotten a blister hiking. Of course,
I don't to the 20+ mile days that "you crazy thru-hikers" do...

A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s >>

Well, how about THAT. It's nice to see an open minded customer mesh with a
sales clerk that knows her stuff, the result being happy feet. A great example
of how to do it right!
  Igor may have lucked out with his Costco shoes. His feet just happened to
be right for the shoes he bought.  Will YOU be so lucky??
     David C