[pct-l] camera

 Actually, regarding digital zoom making the pictures smaller, that's not
always the case.  On my Canon Digital Elph, I've noticed that the images
stay the same size (4 MP) when you zoom in.  It is only the zoomed in part
that's in the picture, it's just stretched to fit the entire frame.  So, the
images stay pretty much the same size on the flash card as normal pictures
with no zoom.

You'll probably just need to find out how your camera acts with that.

On mine, I just forget using the zoom, and I either get closer to my subject
to take the shot, or I take the shot, and crop it later at home...

Of course, my good shots are taken with a Digital Rebel.  If I do the AT
this year (still in plans for that), then I'll be taking the Rebel with me,
and not the Elph.  Picture quality wins out over the weight factor.

Daniel