[pct-l] camera

One thing to consider is the battery source.  I have an Olympus Camedia
C-750.  The two things I really appreciate about it are 1) the batteries can be 4
AA batteries, available at nearly every stop along the trail, and 2) the 10X
optical zoom.  One should not even bother with or consider digital zoom, since
Photoshop or any digital progam does the same thing.  The 750 takes 4 AA
batteries or two of the lithium doubles.  I took more than 400 digital pix on one
set of  lithium batts this last year.  This included visually examining the
images that night and discarding  the unacceptable.

No Way Ray (Echols)