[pct-l] ice axe, and shoes...

Wouldn't it be great if some one could come up with a material that was both waterproof and breathable so a hiker wouldn't have to wear full grain leather boots for 2700 miles to keep his/her feet dry?  Just imagine, you could make some kind of strange, space age device to put over your sock to keep it (and your feet dry).

Bryan W