[pct-l] Lookig for good trail eats

Mike Saenz wrote:

> I'm trying to come up with some different meal ideas for the trail. I don't do freeze dried, if I can avoid it.
> I try to eat dinners as well as I would at home.

My basic trail menu, which we eat for about 50 days per year:
Breakfast:  granola and soy milk
Lunch:  eaten all day, on trail--dried fruit, bittersweet chocolate, mixed nuts, jerky, energy bars, gatorade
Dinner:  home made meals--start with a base of rice or beans or rice/beans or ramen, add dried veg flakes, dehydrated
meat or fish or TVP, seasonings.  Hot chocolate/decaf coffee/rum to drink.
More bittersweet chocolate for dessert.
No variety.  At home I live to eat, on the trail I eat to live.  This is not a long-distance hikers menu.  We average
about 12 miles a day, occasionally hike up to 16 miles a day.  This menu is under 3000 cal and wouldn't fuel a 30 mile
day.
Marion