From: "Mike Saenz" <msaenz@mve-architects.com>
To: "PCT Mail List (E-mail)" <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 2:25 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Lookig for good trail eats

I'm trying to come up with some different meal ideas for the trail. I don't
do freeze dried, if I can avoid it.
I try to eat dinners as well as I would at home.

I've been packing Lipton Pasta Sides and adding chicken from foil sealed
packets (no refrigeration necessary).
They come in several flavors. Some need milk, but I can pack these
sealed/sterilized single milk cartons for these.
I use the powder "Butter Buds", pre-measured in ziplock baggies.

I took a fresh baked french roll with me last time. One of those pilsbury
pop-can rolls. Yum!

Morning breakfast is usually oatmeal (flavored) and coffee (MUD packets).

Uncle Ben's has a wild rice mix that tastes great with chicken too.

What about you guys? What are your favorite trail menu items?

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m