[pct-l] Fording Deep Creek

At 03:27 PM 1/29/2004 -0500, Christopher Willett wrote:
>Isn't Deep Creek the one with the Hot Springs about 30 miles north of
>Big Bear?  The one before the Mojave Dam?  No ford was required in 2003.
>Did the bridges burn down or something?

It was mentioned previously on this list that the bridge did burn down (I
included the message below). I went down to Deep Creek near the bridge to
get some water. The tricky part is, with all the grass, it's hard to tell
how deep it is. It wasn't flowing fast and certainly didn't look menacing.
Also, when I went though the area, it was hot, so getting wet there might
not be so terrible.

Tangent