[pct-l] cold weather clothes

At 09:14 AM 1/28/2004 -0500, Christopher Willett wrote:
>I'd carry warm clothes from the border to Sierra City.

Time of season is more important than where you are on the trail in my
experience. On my 5-month hike, I was too hot in my long pants 2 days
before reaching Echo Lake in early July. This doesn't mean people should
switch clothing by a particular town, but may indicate a good time of
season to start considering change.

I would not be surprised that, on our respective hikes, Christopher was
much further along the trail than I was, making us agree.

Around July may be a good time to start considering warmer weather
clothing. In September, I switched back to cold weather clothing.

Tangent