[pct-l] RE: Kennedy Meadows Start

John Brennan writes: " you'd be advised to leave Onyx with full water
containers since
the well, and thus the water, at Walker Pass campground was not on in
2003."

Whoa...  Do you actually mean not on at ALL???  Or just when you went
through?  And when was that?   Do others know...was the water off all
season at Walker Pass CG??  Yikes!

Related to that, I have heard that there may be natural water (small
spring) in a ravine near the Walker Pass CG.  Has anyone ever seen or
used it?

Thanks, Bob Ellinwood

Walker
> Pass, about two days south of KM.  I did it last summer.
>
> I caught Greyhound to Bakersfield.  The Kern Regional Transit at
> 800-323-2396 goes to the Greyhound and Amtrak station.  You make an
> appointment to tell them that you need a pickup at either station.
When you
> look at arrival and departure times, it looks impossible, but it's
designed
> to work.
>
> Take the bus to Lake Isabella.  Then at Lake Isabella catch the bus to
Onyx