[pct-l] Types of Music Players

From: "Daniel Strickland" <motbe@cox.net>
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Types of Music Players

> Another option is to bring along something that makes music instead of
just
> the mp3 player or etc.  >

I'd be careful about playing music in the wilderness.  When I was 19 (1971)
I took my recorder, which I've played since I was 4, up into the high
country in Yosemite.  We camped next to Merced Lake, and imbibed our spirits
and smoke.  I wandered off and started playing my instrument.  I'm pretty
good, and can emote intensely through the recorder.

I stopped for a moment to listen to an echo and someone across the lake
yelled, "Shut up!!  Clapping and shouting insued for ten seconds or so.

Needless to say I stopped playing, and haven't taken the recorder with me
since.

Jeff Olson
laramie WY