[pct-l] Re-supply in Neenach

At 11:21 AM 1/26/2004 -0800, bob mayon wrote:
>Gil at the country store wants to know what supplies you will need when
>you come throught this area..  Email them to me,

After last year's kick off, Thor asked the same question on behalf of the
new owners of VVR. This is what I suggested with Thor's help. Out of
curiosity, does VVR carry these things now?

Bob, if you could let us know what Gil can get stocked that would be a help
in deciding to resupply in Neenach. I hadn't previously considered it. The
items sold individually may seem a pain, but the mark-up can be higher
(2x-3x) while taking up less shelf space.

Tangent

Store Suggested items
---------------------

Food items
----------
Bagels, assorted flavors (pack of 5-6)
Candy bars (Snickers, Mars, Hershey, Skittles, M&M's, etc.)
Cheese (harder the better, less likely to spoil)
Couscous, assorted flavors
Cured meats - jerky, summer sausage, etc.
Food bars (Power bars, Bear Valley, Clif bars, Luna bars, Oat bars, etc.)
Gatorade or other brand name flavored powder drink mix, assorted flavors
Granola-like cereal (or anything high in calories)
Honey (smallest size container ? 6oz)
Lipton Rice Dinners (in the light-weight paper/foil packaging)
Mac & Cheese
Mountain House Freeze dryed Meals
Oatmeal, flavored instant in the small paper bags
Peanut butter (smallest size container ? 8oz)
Powdered milk/ powdered soy milk
Protein bars (Bio-protein,low-carb things, taste bad, IMO)
Ramen, assorted flavors
Tortillas, medium size (pack of 12)
Tuna foil packets (3oz, preferably packaged in oil)

Fuel
----
Denatured Alcohol or HEET (gas line anti-freeze by the ounce)
Esbit tablets sold individually
White gas by the ounce

Other
-----
Batteries, AA & AAAs for digital cameras, LED head lamps, CD Players
(lithium AA, or other quality alkaline batteries)
DEET small container (1 - 4 oz) with high concentration (80% - 100%)
Large and heavy duty trash bags sold individually
Mosquito head nets
Trash compactor bags sold individually
Water treatment, e.g. Aqua Mira, Polar Pure, iodine or bleach by the ounce
Wet Ones, individually wrapped (sold individually?)
Zip lock bags sold individually (small and large sizes, preferably freezer
bags)