[pct-l] Re: San Felipe Hills alternate route?

In a message dated 1/23/04 1:39:09 PM, Slyatpct@aol.com writes:

<< I remember, thinking to myself before reaching Kennedy Meadows, if I ever
do
this trail again I'll start at KM, but once I got there I was happy to stick
it out and appreciated the southern section that much more.  Desert hiking is
truly unique and well worth the effort.

Sly >>

 I agree with this. Although some people opt out for valid reasons, I was
glad to experience the hardships -- and beauty -- of the desert and would
certainly do it again. It gave the trail such contrast. David C