[pct-l] Re: San Felipe Hills alternate route?

The PCT was originally supposed to stay high after Mason Valley Truck Trail
and stay just east of Julian, then go over and along Volcan Mountain on the
west side of San Felipe Valley to Warner Springs. Difficulties with getting
easements resulted in routing the trail through private land on the hot side
of the valley. The County of San Diego has acquired part of Volcan Mountain
in recent years. There have been rumors of moving the trail, but I think
there are still some private property issues. Anyway, there would be a lot
of engineering and construction needed before anything happens. In the mean
time, enjoy the desert! The only complaint I have with the San Felipe Hills
section is that it's too well graded!

AsABat