pct-l [pct-l] Can you do it in 4?

I discovered this one evening after dinner when I decided I didn't like
my campsite and intended to hike a mile or so further, but felt so fresh
I ended up going another 5 miles. I found this is also a good way to
socialize with other thru-hikers without crowding their campsite.
Another way I rejuvenate myself is stopping for a late-afternoon swim
when the opportunity arises. This serves as a bath to keep my sleeping
bag clean and also provides fresh (relatively speaking) laundry for the
next day.