[pct-l] Stoves for the PCT , And fuel

In a message dated 1/14/04 7:49:39 PM, montedodge@msn.com writes:

<< First , you can use Potato Chips for a stove fuel. Lays chips burn 7
minutes!!! >>

 And probably cheaper than Esbit tablets.  I remember tossing some dirty
onesinto a campfire. They burned like gasoline. That can mean only one thing.
Loads of fat calories and a great trail food

 I looked up hard tack and pemmican on a google search and came up with all
kinds of info and different recipes. Seems like both are perfect trail foods:
high energy and both keep for a looong time without refrigeration (6 months to
2 years) and they are supposed to be very tasty. Both are baked in an oven and
are quite easy to make. I think I'll try them both next summer.