[pct-l] Re: socks

Forgive me if I repeat something that has already been discussed...

My favorite brand of socks are Bridgedale.

I replaced three pair of worn Thorlos when I was hiking the AT in 99 with
two pair of Bridgedale.  I used the two pair for the remaining 1500 miles of
trail.  I still have and still wear those same two pairs of socks.  I've
bought newer ones for later long-distance hikes (this past year's PCT hike)
but I still wear the original two pair of Bridgedale.  I'm sure they have
over 1000 miles on each pair.

None have ever gone threadbare.  They have compressed a bit and feel a bit
thinner than newer ones but unless you compare them side by side, you can't
even tell that.

They have wool in them, but for anyone with wool sensitivities, the ones
with merino wool might still work for you.  They actually wrap the merino
wool fiber in a synthetic fiber.  The socks they sell with new wool do not
have the sythetic wrapping.

They have a huge variety of socks - weight, styles, function, etc.

As I'm typing this, I remembered that I did an owner review at
BackpackGearTest.org.  You can read it at:
http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Clothing/Socks/Bridgedale%20A.T.%20Boot%20Plus/Mara%20Factor/

If that URL doesn't work, navigate from

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/

to reviews -> clothing -> socks and you'll see a link to my review from
there.

Not knowing exactly how this thread started, I hope this proves useful or
interesting to someone.

:-)

Happy Hiking,
Mara

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor

Find out everything you need to know about Las Vegas here for that getaway.
http://special.msn.com/msnbc/vivalasvegas.armx