[pct-l] hardest climb?

Morena Butte actually looks far worse that it is, although if the weather is
hot it is, as the guidebook says, "sweaty."

About 14 miles from the border you come to the rim of a canyon. Across the
canyon you can see your trail climbing up the butte. After a steep 1-1/2
mile descent, you cross usually-dry Hauser Creek and climb 2.5 miles and
about 1,000 feet of gain.

It seems worse because it's usually day one, with a heavy pack, and little
shade. Just rest up at the bottom, and then plug along and you're soon at
the top. Down the other side is shady Lake Morena Campground and, if you're
there the last weekend of April, the ADZPCTKO.

AsABat