[pct-l] How much food a day do you need?

Greetings again;

I have been working on the food needed for the PCT trip. I am one of those dreaded pre-planners (sorry to those who prefer to buy food as you go-hikers :-)...). I used to take about 1.25LB of food per day regardless of length of trip. But a couple of my Backpacking buddies have told me that I couldn't last because I would lose to much weight.

First of all, I think they are right. I generally lose weight on most backpacks, which isn't a problem is your only going out for 10 days, but we are talking about the PCT here....

In your experience's....
1. How much food per day, do you generally take. (I am a male weighing ~142 pounds.)
2. Does anyone have a general calories to pounds conversion. Right now I am using 2000 calories to a pound. This is because there seems to be 1300 to 2700 calories to a pound depending on what type of food your taking. 2000 Being a nice middle ground number.

My current plan is to buy food based on what I think I need, then at the resupply points buy extra food, after I have a good feel for what my body requires...

Thanks in advance.....
-Mountain Goat-