[pct-l] Quick question..

To: CMountainDave@aol.com....

Could you please hit return before responding to a mail, then again
before signing it?

For some reason all your replies come back tacked right after the end of
what you are quoting, so it all runs together, and is really tough to
read.

You tend to respond a lot, and I'd be much more likely to read your
posts if they weren't all run together into the previous post. Also,
it's considered good net etiquette to sign your posts, both so we know
who it is responding, and we can see a definite end to the post
itself...

I don't mean to pick you out in particular, but there are a lot of
people who respond the same way, and it makes it really hard to read
what they have to say. Look at how I've spaced  my paragraphs, and made
sure my reply is completely separate from the post I am replying to. Lot
easier to read, no?

Thanks :)

Gray

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of
CMountainDave@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2004 11:11 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Quick question..

In a message dated 1/10/04 10:31:11 PM, Slyatpct writes:

<< At this time of year I don't think the bridge gets too much
pedestrian
traffic, but at the beginning of the orange alert they closed the Bear
Mnt bridge
to hikers which crosses the Hudson on the AT,  even though they had been

inspecting the backpacks at the booth before crossing, yet kept it open
to cars
and trucks without inspection.   >>
Guess you just have to hitchhike to get across with your WMD
To tell you the truth, I am surprised that PCT hikers are still allowed
cross into -- or from Canada -- not that I don't think they should not
be able
to. It just seems like such an obvious place to crack down. Ditto for
section A
in California
 Given all the illegals that are smuggled into this country everyday, I
think
the whole security issue is rather misplaced. Maybe that's what the
"amnesty"
for illegals is all about: if less people are coming across the border,
the
easier it is to stop the ones that still do using whatever high tech
equipment
they have