[pct-l] Quick question..

In a message dated 1/10/04 10:31:11 PM, Slyatpct writes:

<< At this time of year I don't think the bridge gets too much pedestrian
traffic, but at the beginning of the orange alert they closed the Bear Mnt bridge
to hikers which crosses the Hudson on the AT,  even though they had been
inspecting the backpacks at the booth before crossing, yet kept it open to cars
and trucks without inspection.   >>
Guess you just have to hitchhike to get across with your WMD
To tell you the truth, I am surprised that PCT hikers are still allowed to
cross into -- or from Canada -- not that I don't think they should not be able
to. It just seems like such an obvious place to crack down. Ditto for section A
in California
 Given all the illegals that are smuggled into this country everyday, I think
the whole security issue is rather misplaced. Maybe that's what the "amnesty"
for illegals is all about: if less people are coming across the border, the
easier it is to stop the ones that still do using whatever high tech equipment
they have