[pct-l] let's fish

Keith wrote:

>  I've noticed some people fish while on the pct.  My question is what kind
>of light weight gear do they carry?  Thanks everyone,  Keith Brown

What I use is a fly rod I bought at Big 5, breaks down to 7 pieces. I leave
the reel and the last part of rod it connects to at home. Ive taped 2 metal
pieces to the 1st section of rodl so that I can wrap my fly line like you
would the line  at the bottom of a  flag pole. Ya peel off fly line anyway
and then just a matter of adjusting your cast and dealing with the line
after you pull in your fish  That hasn't been too much of a problem since  I
only fished 4x in 10 weeks of hiking Ore. Wa. last summer. I use a piece of
foam insulation for pipes to protect the rod. That and a few flies brings
the total weight to about 7 oz.
This is the least used piece of gear I carry. Will I be taking it with me
next year? You betcha. There is a pleasure I take in looking at a  river or
lake bubbling with trout and  knowing I could fish it even if
I choose just to picture myself doing so, and hiking on up the trail with a
smile on my face.

Jeff (rogue
Oh yeah and here'sa tip: Lake Oallalie in Ore. I saw a lady catch 2 monster
trout on a nymph from the shore. the 1 she kept weighed 9 1/2 #