[pct-l] Re: Early season Streams Techniques - rope up

In a message dated 1/10/04 1:06:36 PM, RBALCORN@cs.com writes:

<< I know using a rope for stream crossings is recommended, but in practice,
the
extra weight seems too much for the few times it would be  useful. Is this
something that would be on a thru hikers list for the JMT section?  If so,
what
size of rope (diameter, material, length).

Oh yeah, all thru hikers carry a rope. It builds character. None of them go
solo either. Just way too dangerous. Bears and lions and Oh My!