[pct-l] Re: Early season Streams Techniques - rope up

I must have had a senior moment, thinking that ropes were recommended for
stream crossing.  In addition to the replies here, I went back and read Ray
Jardines Pacific Crest Handbook section on stream crossing.  While he was with
Outward Bound, they did a number of tests of stream crossing using ropes, and
concluded that it was very dangerous.

Ralph Alcorn
www.backpack45.com
Shepherd Canyon Books
Publisher of We're in the Mountains, Not Over the Hill: Tales and Tips from
Seasoned Women Backpackers