[pct-l] Re: Early season Streams Techniques and problem creeks

At 11:25 AM 1/8/04, Robert Ellinwood wrote:
>Hiker writes:  "I crossed it on a snow bridge."
>
>I've always been leery (read: chicken) about snow bridges, preferring to
>wade.   Anyone ever fallen through on one?

Actually where I crossed, you could only tell where the creek was because
there was a depression in the snow field, and you could hear the creek
underneath. There was no liquid water in sight anywhere around.

The snow must have been several feet thick in that area, but I still didn't
feel to comfortable hearing the water roaring under foot......