[pct-l] Re: Early season Streams Techniques and problem creeks

Hiker writes:  "I crossed it on a snow bridge."

I've always been leery (read: chicken) about snow bridges, preferring to
wade.   Anyone ever fallen through on one?  Are there specific
techniques for "judging" a snow bridge from those who have crossed a
number of them?  How do you know it will hold you?  I assume one jumps
over the center part??

Bob (BobnShell)