[pct-l] northern cascades

In a message dated 1/7/04 7:29:25 PM, hikerrobbie@yahoo.com writes:

<< .there are also a lot of bridges out,making some of  the crossings
suicidle or impossible in snowmelt season.

>From what I read at the WTA website, it isn't going to matter what direction
you hike: there's no way, according to them, they are going to replace those
bridges by September. I kind of hope they don't because it will only be a
matter of few years before they're gone again. They should just permanently reroute
the PCT to the east side of Glacier Peak to save maintenance problems  - and
$$ - in my opinion