[pct-l] start date

Steve Setzer wrote:

>I'm confused about when I should start my PCT '04 hike.

If one were to begin their hike at the end of April (ADZPCTKO) the
desert temps might be a bit more bearable than several weeks later.
 Water sources that will be dry in late May are still running.  There is
also a bit more lattitude in the schedule by begining in April.  It
won't cork the snorkle if you need to hole up in Idyllwild for a couple
days to wait out a storm, or take a few days at the Hiker's Oasis to
heal a blister.  By the time one reaches Agua Dulce, the snow melt will
have revealed itself, and the pace of the hike can  be adjusted
accordingly.