[pct-l] start date

I'm confused about when I should start my PCT '04 hike.  I would like to
go to the ADZPCTKO but it seems like that is kind of early.  I've been
reading trail journals and checking out itineraries and it seems like
people who start at the end of April end up getting to Kennedy Meadows in
very early June.  Then, they have to fight with the snow.  It seems like a
better approach would be to leave around May 7 or so and get to Kennedy
Meadows around June 15 (Ray day).  Of course this all depends on the snow
this winter.  How important do you all think it is to go to ADZPCTKO
to get trail info and info on water caches?  How overrated is Ray Day?  Do
most people enter the High Sierra before June 15 anyway?

Steve