[pct-l] bears and food

Glad I could start a flame war.I do appreciate all of the responses.
while its its on the table I have a couple more questions

Working off of the premise that I will carry one only when there is a high risk of fine,  does it make more sense to rent or to buy and mail myself one.

outside the places that are listed in earlier emails as bear cans required what is the common practice by people on this list

thanks
dep