[pct-l] bears and food

I'd like to see some statistics please, on just how well bear cans are
working before just doing as I am told. And just how well rangers are Insuring that
the canisters are being used efficiently instead of just being carried as a
sort of mother -may -I item. You can force a hiker to take one but you can't be
there every minute to ensure every scrap of food and all toiletries are in the
can at ALL times when not in actual use. THAT is why they won't work. Time
will tell, won't it. Meanwhile, bears will go on not being afraid of people in
our National Parks, and THAT is the root of the problem. But hey, its much
cheaper to just make up a regulation