[pct-l] packs

I've got a Golite Gust and I have carried 35 pounds in it a couple times.  What I found is that if I make sure I pack it tightly inside the full length blue foam pad I carry, and put my tent rolled around the stakes next to my back, that it is as stiff as an internal frame pack.

Ignore the advice to put the sleeping bag in the bottom. Pack all your gear and food and stuff you don't need as tightly as possible, with the sleeping bag going in last, in a garbage bag.

Jeff Olson
laramie wyoming,but enjoying Sonoma County California where it's sixty degrees instead of 20...