[pct-l] A cool little find

With the talk last week of old maps and old stoves I thought I throw this
one out.  Someone my wife works with who knows of our plans to hike the JMT
next summer gave her this cool little red book "Starr's Guide to the John
Muir Trail and the High Sierra Region" by Walter A. Starr Jr.   It was
originally published in 1943, this is the 12th edition published in 1974.
I'm trying to be careful reading it cause the spine isn't even bent!
There's a fold out map in the back of the JMT that's glued in. If I can
figure out how to get it out without hurting it I think I'm going to get a
color copy made to put on the wall as it's an attractive map of the whole
trail.

A fun find!

David
david@dalbey.org