[pct-l] socks

I'm not a thru hiker but maybe one of these years! My thanks to Rainmaker for his suggestion on using nylon dress socks from WalMart for liner socks. I stocked up on them when I was back in the States this fall. They are cheap, 3 pairs in a pack and come in a tan/beige that doesn't show the dirt like white liner socks. I don't remember the price but I think they are about $1 each. I wear them with some Coolmax socks that were on closeout a couple of years ago, also at Walmart, and they work great. I used to use Wigwam Ultramax liner socks and for me they aren't any better and cost much more.

I haven't gotten any list emails for about 2 weeks, was going into PCT withdrawal pains, got my fix tonight by reading the archives for all of Dec.

Vic Hanson