[pct-l] Rain Gear

In a message dated 12/15/2003 5:26:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
david@dalbey.org writes:

> I've had similar issues with my Precip.  It was fine the first year +
> but last spring it was wetting through. It seemed worse on the arms,
> specifically around the elbow joint, probably from flexing.  I've just
> recently washed it with Nikwax (?) but haven't really had a chance to
> get it out for a good test yet...

Contact Marmot, send it/them back and get a new one.  They're very good about
taking returns due to failure.  Although with the Precip they'll most likely
try to upgrade you as they feel the Precip isn't meant for thru-hiking.

On a single thru-hike Frogg Toggs work perfectly fine and for less money you
also get the pants which will come in handy.  They can be used as your pillow
and on the coldest nights they make great pajamas.  If you tear them, a little
duct tape on the inside will provide a near permanent repair that can be
washed several times.

Check out the www.theunderwearguys.com  They're hikers extraordinaire and
offer great deals.

Tell them Sly sent you!