[pct-l] sleeping bags

I'd assume the manufacturer was stating best case scenario. I would add 5 to
10 degrees to the bag rating if I were a cold sleeper, especially since some
of the loft will be lost due to repeated compression. I went with a 20 degree
bag and it seemed just right to me. I used -- or didn't use -- polar tech
undies to regulate the temp in the bag. Why not go with a 20 degree bag that weighs
less than 2 pounds. Most nights you won't need it, but on not too rare
occasions you will be glad to have the extra 8 to 10 ounces of down that gives you
an extra 10 degrees of warmth.