[pct-l] Half way Break?

Hi Richard,

Maybe consider Drakesbad Guest Ranch.  Its a rustic resort that is in a
secluded section of Lassen National Park, a little over halfway.  Its
located right on the trail and features natural hotsprings.  Although a tad
on the "dear" side, it might be a nice splurge.  Your girlfriend would most
likely want to fly into San Francisco, Oakland or Sacramento and rent a car.
  About a 3 to 5 hour drive depending on which airport and traffic.  I
recall passing by on my '94 hike with lots of envy, wishing I had a few days
and dollars to stop.  Check out their website.

http://www.drakesbad.com/index.html

Phil aka "NowhereMan"

>From: "Richard Hare" <richard@hare22.demon.co.uk>
>To: "PCT - list" <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
>Subject: [pct-l] Half way Break?
>Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:32:33 -0000
>
>Hello All,
>
>My girlfriend wants to come out from England and meet me half way through
>my
>PCT trip so I'm looking for suggestions for a place for us to stay for a
>week. I was thinking along the lines of a nice mountain lodge reasonably
>priced  somewhere around Northern California not too far off the trail, but
>reasonably near a main airport and easily reached by bus.  Any suggestions
>from someone with local knowledge would be most welcome.
>

>Rik
>
>Richard Hare
>10 Brook Avenue
>Hassocks
>Sussex
>BN6 8LG
>United Kingdom
>
>Tel: +44 (0)1273 842192
>Mobile: 07789 266339
>
>richard@hare22.demon.co.uk
>richardhare@clara.co.uk

"I have a theory that streets are straight and offices are square but our
bodies are round, and we really don’t fit in there. We should be outside
more.” -- Warren Miller

Phil Hough
PO Box 393
Sagle, ID 83860

(208) 255-2780
nowhere_man97@hotmail.com

Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
FREE McAfee online computer scan!