[pct-l] Three Sisters

In a message dated 11/28/03 7:33:52 PM, crush@ptd.net writes:

<< My 22 year old son wants to climb a number of mountains along the trail
next year, does anyone know where to get trail maps, showing the easiest trails
up?? He's especially interested in the Three Sisters , Mt. Adams, Mt. Shasta,
and Glacier Peak.

                                        Carl >>

I'm not sure about the South Sister, but all the others have no real "trail"
to the summit. You will either be traveling on non glaciated snow or across
lots of talus or large boulder fields. This does not mean the climbs are
difficult (technical wise, but going up 5000 to 7000 feet is never "easy"), just that
you must pick your own way or follow a route through the snow placed by
others.
 You may be able to purchase generalized wilderness maps from the Forest
Service on line and topos from the USGS on line
  Like Marshall said, it is difficult to find time to do the major peaks
during a thru hike. Although I have been up nearly all the volcanoes from Lassen
to Baker, I regret not making the time to bag a number of peaks in the Sierras
along the way. But if I had, I may not have completed my thru hike. A real
conundrum